UPDATE as of February 15, 2023


If you are in need of assistance, please contact the following agencies:

  • United Way – call 211
  • CAP Agency 952-496-2125
  • Housing Helpline 952-442-4496

Carver County COVID Housing Assistance Fund

The CDA, in coordination with Carver County, are assisting renters and homeowners who have directly impacted by COVID-19 and need help with housing and utility expenses. 

If qualified, payments worth up to $25,000 will be made on behalf of applicants directly to landlords, mortgage companies, homeowners associations and utility companies.  If an applicant received funding previously under one of Carver County’s COVID housing assistance programs and/or the state’s CHAP, RentHelp MN, or HomeHelp MN programs, then they will only be eligible for the difference of the maximum award and what they received under those programs.

Funding is available to help with rent, mortgage, homeowner’s association dues, and utilities including gas, electric and septic.  This assistance includes current month and past due bills back to March 1, 2020.  Residents must show that COVID-19 has impacted their housing stability.

Funding is available on a first come, first serve basis.

To learn more about the program and the eligibility requirements, please see the program guidelines.  COVID Housing Assistance Fund Program 2022 Guidelines


Have questions, need assistance, or would like a paper copy of the application mailed?

            952-448-7715 or [email protected]

COVID Emergency Rental Assistance/Home Help MN

The HomeHelpMN program will begin accepting applications for assistance on Tuesday, May 17. The application period will be open through Friday, June 17, but homeowners should not wait to apply. HomeHelpMN provides assistance for homeowners who have fallen behind on their mortgage or other eligible housing-related expenses due to effects of the pandemic.

Please visit www.homehelpmn.org

For questions, call 211 8:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m. Monday-Saturday