This page will contain CDA updates and includes resources for homeowners, renters/homeless and small businesses. Please scroll through the page to find the appropriate information. If you need immediate assistance the CDA office staff can be reached at 952-448-7715.

Effective immediately, River Valley Health Services clinic staff will be providing tele-health services to its clients. The focus of River Valley Health Services for the foreseeable future will be to focus on high risk clients in Scott and Carver counties. High risk groups for the COVID-19 infection include persons over 50, with heart or lung disease, diabetes or other underlying conditions. Many of our clients are vulnerable, economically disadvantaged, may not speak English and have little or no access to health care.




Community Health Worker/Interpreter (habla Español)


Help for Homeowners and Renters during the Covid-19 crisis

Amid the economic uncertainty we are currently experiencing, Carver County CDA wishes to provide Homeowners, renters and those that may be experiencing housing instability with as much information and assistance as possible. Below are some helpful resources and links. Do not hesitate to call Carver County CDA with further questions.

For up-to-date information from Carver County, please visit their website at


Unemployment Insurance benefits

Tax Information

Evictions and Foreclosures

To apply for emergency assistance or other resources through the County, call 952-361-1600 or visit their website

Food Shelf Contact Information

The city notes where the food shelf is located. If you do not see a food shelf for your city, reach out to the closest food shelf near you.

PROP Food Shelf (Chanhassen) 952-937-9120

Bountiful Baskets (Chaska) 952-556-0244

Friends for Life (Watertown) 952-955-1980

Southwest Carver County Food Shelf (Norwood Young America) 952-467-1870

Waconia United (Waconia) 952-442-3878

Energy Assistance

Xcel Energy, CenterPoint and the City of Chaska will not disconnect electric or gas services until further notice. If you are having difficulty paying, contact your utility provider for payment options.

CAP Agency’s Energy Assistance Program (EAP) helps eligible households maintain affordable, continuous and safe home energy. Our services include bill payment assistance, home energy crisis intervention, outreach, energy advocacy, information about utility consumer rights, and referrals.

For more information, visit the CAP’s Agency website.

Homeowner News

Resources for small businesses click here