How to Apply
If you are interested in any employment opportunities with the CDA, please fill out our Employment Application and email to [email protected], or print out and mail to our office at 705 N Walnut St, Chaska, MN 55318, or fax to 952-448-6506 and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Who we are:
“The mission of the Carver County Community Development Agency (CDA) is to provide affordable housing and economic development in the cities of Carver County. “
Come join our growing team at the Carver County Community Development Agency (CDA)! The Carver County CDA is a government agency that provides affordable housing and economic development services in Carver County. We are searching for a caretaker who can help us, and our residents continue to thrive. The caretaker will be assigned to sites within Carver County, which will require travel for site visits and meetings. In addition to performing caretaker and janitorial duties at CDA sites, the caretaker will provide a clean, safe, and odor-free environment for residents, staff, and visitors.
Summary of Responsibilities and Requirements including but not limited to:
- Cleans public areas of building(s) and grounds as assigned
- Performs thorough cleaning of all assigned areas, including, but not limited to: vacuum carpets, sweeping, mop hard floor surfaces, dust and/or damp wipe surfaces, sanitize bathrooms, all glass windows and mirrors
- Sweep walkways, pick up trash on grounds and near trash dumpster area
- Snow removal, salt/sand walks as needed
- Assist in maintaining landscaping including watering new plantings and annuals
- Clean vacated apartments to ensure that turnover is completed within 5 days after a move-out or sooner to meet deadline of re-rental
- Maintaining cleaning equipment and supplies
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 0-1 year(s) of experience
- Knowledge of standard cleaning and light maintenance procedures
- Ability to use cleaning products, supplies and equipment properly
- Ability to function in varying environmental conditions, i.e., allergens, plants, smoke, odors, and absence of cleanliness.
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 20 pounds required
Final candidates subject to a pre-employment physical and criminal background check.
This position is full-time, Monday-Friday, non-exempt starting at $20.00 an hour.
Company uniforms are provided and laundered by the CDA.
CDA also offers an excellent benefit package including CDA paid employee medical insurance (with generous HSA contributions) and dental coverage (dependent coverage for health and dental insurance available at a reasonable cost). Free employee and family life insurance and CDA paid short and long term disability insurance. Participation in a defined contribution pension plan with a generous 11% agency contribution, 20 days per year of PTO earned on an accrual basis, and 12 paid holidays. Employees have access to group vision insurance, a pre-tax and ROTH option for deferred income, and eligible federal loans may also qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF).